MALVERN Pa., (November 17, 2022) — HMP Global’s 2023 International Symposium on Endovascular Therapy (ISET) is strengthening its position as the premier meeting for pioneering and practical endovascular education through continued endorsement from the Society of Interventional Radiology (SIR), continued partnership with the Society of Vascular Medicine (SVM), who co-developed the “Essentials of Endovascular Therapy” pre-symposium, and a recently added educational partnership with the Society of Vascular Surgery (SVS), who collaborated on overall programming and provided two new vascular surgery Course Directors to the expert lineup this year.
Now in its 35th year, ISET will take place in person January 16-19, 2023 in Miami Beach and will feature a bold scientific program covering the complete landscape of endovascular therapy practice and challenges. The meeting is an arena to connect interventional radiologists, vascular surgeons, interventional cardiologists, and their teams.
ISET’s founder and course director is Barry T. Katzen, MD, FACC, FACR, FSIR, Founder and Chief Medical Executive of the Miami Cardiac & Vascular Institute; Chief Medical Innovation Officer, Baptist Health South Florida; and Professor and Founding Chairman of the Department of Radiology at Florida International University, Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine in Miami.
“These partnerships add exponential value to the meeting by incorporating multidisciplinary expertise and additional innovative practice strategies into the symposium sessions,” Katzen said. “We are excited that experts from our partnering organizations are among our course directors guiding the agenda for ISET. By working together, we are building a powerful educational program that will positively impact patient care and, ultimately, improve patient outcomes.”
In partnership with SVS, SIR, and SVM, leading minds in the fields of vascular surgery, interventional radiology, and vascular medicine are shaping ISET’s robust educational program through their leadership as course directors. Through the SVS partnership, new course directors this year include:
- Kakra Hughes, MD, PhD, Chief of Vascular Surgery, Howard University Hospital, Washington, D.C.
- Jessica Simons, MD, MPH, Director, University of Massachusetts Medical School Division of Vascular Surgery, Worcester, Mass.
Drs. Katzen, Hughes, and Simons are among other leading endovascular experts serving as ISET course directors, including:
- Daniel Clair, MD, Professor and Chair, Department of Vascular Surgery, Vanderbilt University Medical Center Section of Surgical Sciences, Nashville, Tenn.
- Ripal Gandhi, MD, FSIR, FSVM, Miami Cardiac & Vascular Institute, Associate Clinical Professor, Florida International University, Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine; Associate Clinical Professor, University of South Florida College of Medicine, Miami
- Adam Geronemus, MD, FSIR, Interventional Radiologist, Miami Cardiac & Vascular Institute, South Miami Heart Center
- William Gray, MD, System Chief, Division of Cardiovascular Disease, Main Line Health; President, Lankenau Heart Institute, Wynnewood, Pa.
- Kenia Lynn, PA, Miami Cardiac & Vascular Institute
- Jihad Mustapha, MD, FACC, FSCAI, CEO, Advanced Cardiac & Vascular Centers for Amputation Prevention, Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine, Grand Rapids, Mich.
- Richard F. Neville, MD, FACS, Associate Director, Inova Heart and Vascular Institute; Director of Vascular Services; Vice Chairman, Department of Surgery; Clinical Professor of Surgery, George Washington University, Inova Fairfax Medical Campus, Falls Church, Va.
- Constantino Peña, MD, FSIR, Medical Director, Vascular Imaging, Interventional Radiology, Miami Cardiac & Vascular Institute; Voluntary Clinical Assistant Professor, Radiology, Florida International University, Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine; Affiliate Assistant Professor of Radiology, University of South Florida College of Medicine, Miami
- Alex Powell, MD, FSIR, Medical Director, Interventional Radiology, Voluntary Clinical Assistant Professor, Radiology, Florida International University, Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine; Affiliate Assistant Professor, Radiology, University of South Florida College of Medicine, Miami
- Brian Schiro, MD, RPVI, FSIR, Medical Director, Baptist & Doctors Hospital Noninvasive Vascular Lab Program Directors; Independent Interventional Radiology Residency Assistant Clinical Professor, University of South Florida School of Medicine; Assistant Professor, Florida International University, Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine, Miami
The meeting kicks off with a pre-symposium day, offering focused medical symposia on “Essentials of Endovascular Therapy” and “Non-Invasive Vascular Diagnosis,” and ending with an Exhibit Hall opening reception. The following three days will include more than 15 extended live case times, late-breaking data at the first endovascular meeting of the new year, dedicated time for Q&A, and sessions on clinically relevant topics including:
- Critical Limb Ischemia (CLI)
- Peripheral Artery Disease (PAD)
- Advanced venous intervention
- Advances in embolotherapy
- Aortic and peripheral aneurysms
- Aortic dissection techniques
- DVT and PE interventions
The meeting offers scholarships for fellows and residents, and also includes new research via abstracts and e-posters submitted by clinicians. Participants can earn more than 40 continuing education credits through 150-plus insightful presentations from more than 100 faculty experts.
For more information or to register, visit iset.org.
ABOUT HMP GLOBAL
HMP Global is the force behind Healthcare Made Practical — and is an omnichannel leader in healthcare content, events, and education, with a mission to improve patient care. The company produces accredited medical education events — in person and online via its proprietary VRTX virtual platform — and clinically relevant, evidence-based content for the global healthcare community across a range of therapeutic areas. Its brands include the HMP Global Learning Network, healthcare's most comprehensive source for news and information; Psych Congress, the largest independent mental health meeting in the U.S.; the Evolution of Psychotherapy, the world’s largest independent educational event for mental health professionals; the Leipzig Interventional Course (LINC), the leading, global gathering for interdisciplinary cardiovascular specialists; EMS World Expo, North America's largest EMT and paramedic event; and the Symposium on Advanced Wound Care (SAWC), the largest wound care meeting in the world. For more information, visit hmpglobal.com.