MALVERN Pa., (May 2, 2023) — A group of new members are joining the Editorial Advisory Board of HMP Global’s Journal of Clinical Pathways (JCP), the leading peer-reviewed journal related to the development, implementation, and evaluation of clinical pathways.
Clinical pathways represent the uniting of real-world clinical and financial data with clinical practice as a means to drive precision and optimization of care for patients. JCP helps assess the potential of clinical pathways to address rising health care costs, mitigate patient risk, reduce variability, and achieve better, more predictable clinical outcomes.
JCP features educational and informational articles in print and online, covering comparative-effectiveness research, big data analytics, methods in clinical pathway development, optimization of clinical pathway implementation and adherence, health economics and outcomes research, patient-centered outcomes, and alternative payment and value-based care models. It is the official journal of the Clinical Pathways Congress and Cancer Care Business Exchange.
“In our unique publication, all stakeholders – physicians, payers, and health care executives – can share their insights and results of clinical pathway initiatives designed, implemented, and evaluated in their organizations,” said Editor-in-Chief Winston Wong, PharmD. “Members of our Editorial Advisory Board, past and present, are recognized as leaders in the clinical pathway arena, supporting the targeted focus of JCP. As a result, JCP is positioned to address specifically the topic of clinical pathways as a component of a value-based care strategy, using evidence to drive treatment decisions, and the experience of health care stakeholders to provide high-quality care, control costs, and enhance patient engagement and satisfaction.”
New to the Editorial Advisory Board are:
- Suzzette Arnal, PhD, Senior Director, Precision Medicine, US Oncology Network, The Woodlands, Texas
- Sibel Blau, MD, Medical Director, Northwest Medical Specialties, Puyallup, Wash.
- Aimee Ginsburg Chesnick, PharmD, BCPS, Director, Pathways and Clinical Content, McKesson Specialty Health, The Woodlands, Texas
- Olaf Lodbrok, MSc, MBA, Senior Vice President, Precision Medicine, Real World Evidence & Analytics, Elsevier, Munich, Germany
- Ann Nguyen, PharmD, Vice President, Enterprise Pharmacy, OptumCare, Los Angeles
- Lee Schwartzberg, MD, FACP, Chief, Medical Oncology and Hematology, Renown Health; Professor of Medicine, University of Nevada, Reno, Nev.
- Carole Tremonti, RN, Vice President, Clinical Operations and Strategy, SimBioSys, Chicago
- F. Randy Vogenberg, PhD, Principal, Institute for Integrated Healthcare, Greenville, S.C.
- Lalan Wilfong, MD, Vice President of Quality and Value-Based Care, Texas Oncology, Dallas
Returning board members include:
- Alan Balch, PhD, CEO, Patient Advocate Foundation, Hampton, Va.
- Lili Brillstein, MPH, CEO, BCollaborative, Maplewood, N.J.
- Aymen Elfiky, MD, MPH, MSc, MBA, Medical Director, The Brooklyn Hospital Center, Brooklyn, NY
- Andrew Hertler, MD, FACP, Chief Medical Officer, New Century Health, Brea, Calif.
- Gordon Kuntz, Partner, Kuntz Consulting, St. Paul, Minn.
- Mishellene McKinney, MHA, RN, OCN, Vice President, Cancer Care Services, Kaiser Permanente, Oakland, Calif.
- Robinson Ortiz, MD, Senior Medical Director, Oncology, Cigna Healthcare, Bloomfield, Conn.
- Ray Page, DO, PhD, FACOI, FASCO, President and Director of Research, The Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders, Weatherford, Texas
- Margaret B. Rausa, PharmD, Vice President, Medical Oncology and Specialty Drug Management, eviCore Healthcare, Bluffton, S.C.
- Frederick M. Schnell, MD, FACP, Medical Director, Community Oncology Alliance, Washington, D.C.
- Edward J. Stepanski, PhD, General Manager, Data Services, Ovation.io, Cambridge, Mass.
- Tom Valuck, MD, JD, MHSA, Partner, Discern Health, Baltimore
Clinical pathways are at the forefront as a key component to success in a value-based care environment, Wong said.
“We are excited to welcome new members whose expertise and guidance will assist JCP in fulfilling our ongoing mission to provide a platform to advance the discussion of clinical pathways as a means to provide high-quality, cost-effective care,” he said. “This is especially relevant to today’s healthcare landscape as it undergoes a paradigm shift from a traditional fee-for-service to a value-based care model.”
For more information or to subscribe, visit hmpgloballearningnetwork.com/site/jcp.
ABOUT HMP GLOBAL
HMP Global is the force behind Healthcare Made Practical — and is an omnichannel leader in healthcare content, events, and education, with a mission to improve patient care. The company produces accredited medical education events — in person and online via its proprietary VRTX virtual platform — and clinically relevant, evidence-based content for the global healthcare community across a range of therapeutic areas. Its brands include the HMP Global Learning Network, healthcare's most comprehensive source for news and information; Psych Congress, the largest independent mental health meeting in the U.S.; the Evolution of Psychotherapy, the world’s largest independent educational event for mental health professionals; the Leipzig Interventional Course (LINC), the leading, global gathering for interdisciplinary cardiovascular specialists; EMS World Expo, North America's largest EMT and paramedic event; and the Symposium on Advanced Wound Care (SAWC), the largest wound care meeting in the world. For more information, visit hmpglobal.com.